Blue Dragon Fine Arts LLC Terms of Sale for Customers
- THIS DOCUMENT CONTAINS VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS, AS WELL AS CONDITIONS, LIMITATIONS, AND EXCLUSIONS THAT MIGHT APPLY TO YOU. PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY.
THESE TERMS REQUIRE THE USE OF ARBITRATION TO RESOLVE DISPUTES, RATHER THAN JURY TRIALS.
BY PLACING AN ORDER FOR PRODUCTS FROM THIS WEBSITE, YOU AFFIRM THAT YOU ARE OF LEGAL AGE TO ENTER INTO THIS AGREEMENT, AND YOU ACCEPT AND ARE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. YOU AFFIRM THAT IF YOU PLACE AN ORDER ON BEHALF OF AN ORGANIZATION OR COMPANY, YOU HAVE THE LEGAL AUTHORITY TO BIND ANY SUCH ORGANIZATION OR COMPANY TO THESE TERMS.
YOU MAY NOT ORDER OR OBTAIN PRODUCTS FROM THIS WEBSITE IF YOU (i) DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, (ii) ARE NOT THE OLDER OF (A) AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE OR (B) LEGAL AGE TO FORM A BINDING CONTRACT, OR (iii) ARE PROHIBITED FROM ACCESSING OR USING THIS WEBSITE OR ANY OF THIS WEBSITE’S CONTENTS, PRODUCTS BY APPLICABLE LAW.
These terms and conditions (these “Terms“) apply to the purchase and sale of products (“Original Work of Art“) created by artists (“Artist“) through www.bluedragonfineart.com (the “Site“). These Terms are subject to change by Blue Dragon Fine Art LLC (referred to as “BDFA,” “us,” “we,” or “our” as the context may require) without prior written notice at any time, in our sole discretion. Any changes to these Terms will be in effect as of the “Last Updated Date” referenced on the Site. You should review these Terms prior to purchasing any product that are available through this Site. Your continued use of this Site after the “Last Updated Date” will constitute your acceptance of and agreement to such changes.
- Order Acceptance and Cancellation. You agree that your order is an offer to buy, under these Terms, all products listed in your order. All orders must be accepted by us or we will not be obligated to sell the products to you. We may choose not to accept orders at our sole discretion, even after we send you a confirmation email with your order number and details of the items you have ordered. BDFA reserves the right to cancel any order for an Original Work of Art placed via the Site if BDFA determines, in its reasonable discretion, that the item is mispriced, out of stock, discontinued, or otherwise unavailable at the price listed via the Site. If BDFA cancels an order placed via the Site, BDFA will send you an email confirmation of such cancellation and you will not be charged for your order.
- Prices and Payment Terms.
- When you purchase such an Original Work of Art through the Site, you are purchasing the work from the Artist identified on the listing for such work and not from BDFA. Prices for Original Works of Art will be as specified on the applicable listing. You acknowledge that prices do not include shipping and handling charges (unless specifically indicated on the Site) or applicable Taxes (defined below) including VAT, if any, for which you are responsible and which will be separately identified on your receipt. BDFA and/or its third-party service providers will collect your billing and shipping information and process your payment. Certain Original Works of Art (including, but not limited to, oversized works and sculptures) may require additional shipping and handling charges and special arrangements. The Artist identified on the listing of the Original Work of Art will ship the purchased work directly to you. The terms and conditions of BDFA’s Return Policy apply to any Original Works of Art that you purchase through the Site.
- All prices, discounts, and promotions posted on this Site are subject to change without notice. The price charged for a product will be the price advertised on this Site at the time the order is placed, subject to the terms of any promotions or discounts that may be applicable. The price charged will be clearly stated in your order confirmation email. Price increases will only apply to orders placed after the time of the increase. Posted prices do not include taxes or charges for shipping and handling. All such taxes and charges will be added to your total price, and will be itemized in your shopping cart and in your order confirmation email. We strive to display accurate price information, however we may, on occasion, make inadvertent typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions related to pricing and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions at any time and to cancel any orders arising from such occurrences.
- Terms of payment are within our sole discretion and, unless otherwise agreed by us in writing, payment must be received by us before our acceptance of an order. We accept APPROVED CREDIT CARDS AND OTHER PAYMENT METHODS for all purchases. You represent and warrant that (i) the credit card information you supply to us is true, correct and complete, (ii) you are duly authorized to use such credit card for the purchase, (iii) charges incurred by you will be honored by your credit card company, and (iv) you will pay charges incurred by you at the posted prices, including shipping and handling charges and all applicable taxes, if any, regardless of the amount quoted on the Site at the time of your order.
- Shipments; Delivery.
- BDFA will provide your name and address of the Artist and, the Artist will be responsible for shipping the purchased Original Work of Art directly to you. Artist agrees to ship the purchased Original Work of Art to You within seven (7) days following the date of purchase (the “Shipping Period”). BDFA will not hold title to the Original Work of Art during the Shipping Period and is not liable for the errors or omissions of the carrier or Artist.
- In certain circumstances, You may be eligible to receive your Original Work of Art by picking it up at the BDFA Gallery.
- Returns and Refunds.
- Except for any products designated on the Site as non-returnable, we will accept a return of the products for a refund of your purchase price, less the original shipping and handling costs, provided such return is made within 7 days of receipt with valid proof of purchase and provided the Original Work of Art is returned in its original condition. You must also contact BDFA within (3) days from the day you contacted us to return the Original Work of Art. Do not ship the Original Work of Art before contacting us; you must first contact us. To return products, you must email our Returns Department at email@example.com to obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization (“RMA“) number before shipping your product. No returns of any type will be accepted without an RMA number. If you do not notify us of your intent to return the Original Work of Art within 7 days of receipt or you do not ship the work within 3 days of notifying us, you will NOT be eligible for a refund. (Some exceptions will apply. Please contact us by email for an assessment of your specific situation.)
- We examine all returns on a case-by-case basis in order to determine who is responsible for paying all costs (shipping and customs) required to deliver the Original Work of Art back to the Artist. Generally, if we determine that the Original Work of Art was accurately described on our site (in terms of size, materials used, weight, etc.) and You are returning it as a result of buyers’ remorse, then You are held responsible for return costs.
- If we conclude that the Artist misrepresented the Original Work of Art (either in the photograph or in the description), failed to disclose important information about the Original Work of Art, or if the Original Work of Art was damaged as a result of poor packaging, the collector will not be responsible for shipping costs.
- If you return the Original Work of Art to the BDFA Gallery undamaged, the buyer will receive a full refund. If the piece is damaged on return, BDFA will determine on a case-by-case basis about whether or not to provide a refund to the buyer.
- Manufacturer’s Warranty and Disclaimers.
- We do not create or control any of the Original Works of Art offered on our Site. The availability of Original Works of Art through our Site does not indicate an affiliation with or endorsement of any Artist. Accordingly, we do not provide any warranties with respect to the Original Works of Art offered on our Site. You understand and agree that BDFA uses commercially reasonable efforts to display the colors of Original Works of Art accurately via its Site. However, because individual computer monitors may display colors differently, BDFA is not responsible for the color accuracy of any Original Works of Art displayed on the Site, and disclaims all liability in this regard.
- ALL PRODUCTS AND SERVICES OFFERED ON THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY (A) WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY; (B) WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; OR (C) WARRANTY AGAINST INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF A THIRD PARTY; WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY LAW, COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE OF TRADE, OR OTHERWISE.
- SOME JURISDICTIONS LIMIT OR DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED OR OTHER WARRANTIES SO THE ABOVE DISCLAIMER MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- YOU AFFIRM THAT WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, FOR ANY BREACH OF WARRANTY CLAIMS OR FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE MANUFACTURER’S FAILURE TO HONOR ITS WARRANTY OBLIGATIONS TO YOU.
- Limitation of Liability.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR ENHANCED DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS OR REVENUES OR DIMINUTION IN VALUE, ARISING OUT OF, OR RELATING TO, AND/OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY BREACH OF THESE TERMS, REGARDLESS OF (A) WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE, (B) WHETHER OR NOT WE WERE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND (C) THE LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY (CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) UPON WHICH THE CLAIM IS BASED.
- OUR SOLE AND ENTIRE MAXIMUM LIABILITY, FOR ANY REASON, AND YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ACTUAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES YOU HAVE ORDERED THROUGH OUR SITE.
- Force Majeure. We will not be liable or responsible to you, nor be deemed to have defaulted or breached these Terms, for any failure or delay in our performance under these Terms when and to the extent such failure or delay is caused by or results from acts or circumstances beyond our reasonable control, including, without limitation, acts of God, flood, fire, earthquake, explosion, governmental actions, war, invasion or hostilities (whether war is declared or not), terrorist threats or acts, riot or other civil unrest, national emergency, revolution, insurrection, epidemic, lockouts, strikes or other labor disputes (whether or not relating to our workforce), or restraints or delays affecting carriers or inability or delay in obtaining supplies of adequate or suitable materials, materials or telecommunication breakdown or power outage.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction. All matters arising out of or relating to these Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Texas without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the State of Texas or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of Texas.
- Waiver of Jury Trials and Binding Arbitration.
- YOU AND BDFA ARE AGREEING TO GIVE UP ANY RIGHTS TO LITIGATE CLAIMS IN A COURT OR BEFORE A JURY. OTHER RIGHTS THAT YOU WOULD HAVE IF YOU WENT TO COURT MAY ALSO BE UNAVAILABLE OR MAY BE LIMITED IN ARBITRATION.
- ANY CLAIM, DISPUTE OR CONTROVERSY (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, WHETHER PRE-EXISTING, PRESENT OR FUTURE, AND INCLUDING STATUTORY, CONSUMER PROTECTION, COMMON LAW, INTENTIONAL TORT, INJUNCTIVE AND EQUITABLE CLAIMS) BETWEEN YOU AND US ARISING FROM OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO YOUR PURCHASE OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES THROUGH THE SITE, WILL BE RESOLVED EXCLUSIVELY AND FINALLY BY BINDING ARBITRATION.
- Any dispute, claim or controversy arising out of or relating to this Agreement or the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity thereof, including the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, shall be determined by arbitration in Dallas, Texas before one arbitrator. The arbitration shall be administered by JAMS pursuant to its Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures and in accordance with the Expedited Procedures in those Rules. Judgment on the Award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. This clause shall not preclude parties from seeking provisional remedies in aid of arbitration from a court of appropriate jurisdiction.
- YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO OPT-OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mailing us, postage prepaid, to Janik Vinnakota LLP, 8111 LBJ Freeway, Suite 790, Dallas, TX 75251. Such opt-out must be given within thirty (10) days of making your first purchase through the Site. Any opt-out received after such deadline will be ineffective and this Agreement to Arbitrate will remain in full force and effect, except as expressly provided above. If you opt-out of this Agreement to Arbitrate, we also will not be bound by the terms of this Agreement to Arbitrate.
- TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NO ARBITRATION OR OTHER CLAIM UNDER THESE TERMS WILL BE JOINED TO ANY OTHER ARBITRATION OR CLAIM, INCLUDING ANY ARBITRATION OR CLAIM INVOLVING ANY OTHER CURRENT OR FORMER USER OF THE SERVICES, AND NO CLASS, COLLECTIVE, AND/OR REPRESENTATIVE ARBITRATION PROCEEDINGS WILL BE PERMITTED. In the event that this CLASS ACTION WAIVER is deemed unenforceable with respect to any particular claim otherwise subject to arbitration, then that claim will not proceed in arbitration but rather will be resolved in a court of competent jurisdiction. If that occurs, however, this Agreement to Arbitrate and this Class Action Waiver still will be fully enforceable as to all other claims, which must be resolved in arbitration on an individual basis.
- Assignment. You will not assign any of your rights or delegate any of your obligations under these Terms without our prior written consent. Any purported assignment or delegation in violation of this Section 12 is null and void. No assignment or delegation relieves you of any of your obligations under these Terms.
- No Waivers. The failure by us to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not constitute a waiver of future enforcement of that right or provision. The waiver of any right or provision will be effective only if in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of
- No Third-Party Beneficiaries. These Terms do not and are not intended to confer any rights or remedies upon any person or entity other than you.
- To You. We may provide any notice to you under these Terms by: (i) sending a message to the email address you provide or (ii) by posting to the Site. Notices sent by email will be effective when we send the email and notices we provide by posting will be effective upon posting. It is your responsibility to keep your email address current.
- To Us. To give us notice under these Terms, you must contact us by personal delivery, overnight courier or registered or certified mail to Blue Dragon Fine Art LLC, P.O. Box 671103, Dallas, TX 75367. We may update the facsimile number or address for notices to us by posting a notice on the Site. Notices provided by personal delivery will be effective immediately. Notices provided by facsimile transmission or overnight courier will be effective one business day after they are sent. Notices provided by registered or certified mail will be effective three business days after they are sent.
- Severability. If any provision of these Terms is invalid, illegal, void or unenforceable, then that provision will be deemed severed from these Terms and will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions of these Terms.
Last Updated: November 7, 2019